Logo

Plugs fouling evin 1986 15rcde

"Don't know if the s/s nee

"Don't know if the s/s needle valve is right (followed the expert intructions given here), or the 50:1 fuel oil mix was mixed wrong. I'm using new 6 gallon duratank. engine runs great except plugs foul if idled too long."

"if it idles well,the low spee

"if it idles well,the low speed mixture is prob ok,u might try to lean it out by turning to right,till it starts to slow down,then back out till it evens out.Make sure u mix correctly too...if u have a manual,do the linkage and synchronizations if any thing appears off.
set your plug gap to.035 w/NEW plugs and try again.after all the above."

"Paul, I run the same plugs in

"Paul, I run the same plugs in my little 87 Ev. Was one of the motors originally listed to run at 100:1 (which they later retracted).

At 50:1 mine oil fouls no matter what you do, but for the cost of 2 plugs, I simply change them every year..."

"Graham, Ive been taking my 3.

"Graham, Ive been taking my 3.3 99 Johnson as a back up in case the 15 doesnt start. Gotta make sure I get back in case plugs foul. Engine seems to foul plugs only at idle speed, best I can tell, cause it fouls as I'm setting s/s idle screw. I"ll clean plug and it starts right up. Here in NJ Raritan bay full of bait and stripers- blues right now, need the 15 to chase the birds 3.3 too slow on my 14 foot starcraft. Paul"

"I hear ya Paul, I back my 15

"I hear ya Paul, I back my 15 up with a 2.5 twin.

You should try JWB's suggestion and lean it out as much as you can without going too far. Mine never foul to the point of not running at all, but do get quite gucked up..."

"Graham, Did same thing today

"Graham, Did same thing today had to use 3.3, I'm gonna keep two extra plugs and socket-wrench with me, till I perfect this. Did get two nice stripers though, would have had more if 15 worked!Paul"

Back