Logo

Please Help

rdsconst77

[FONT=&quot]I purchased this boat last week knowing there was something not right with the motor. We thought it was just a spun hub so I went and got the hub replaced today but the motor is still doing the same thing. It will not get on plane. When in the water and the boat in forward the RPM will not get above 2,700. When putting the motor on ear muffs and in gear the motor will get up like it should. I know in the water its under pressure and that has something to do with it but I'm lost as to what to do to fix it. Thank you for the help. Video in comments.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Motor is a 2000 Evinrude 225[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Boat Stratos[/FONT]<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">

Well in gear on the trailer is still NEUTRAL as the motor and prop do not do any work.----So that testing means nothing at all !!-----Post the results of a compression test.-----And see if you have STRONG spark on all leads.

Compression was checked and all were right 90. I have read in a few places it could be the prop. I can’t figure out how to post a picture of the prop but a buddy said he thinks it’s way to big for the boat.

Post a model number.
Check spark,7/16 open air gap.
What happens at 2700,bogs?dies?nothing?
Yep, need to know these things. More details helps and definitely running on muffs doesn't tell you much.

I tried to watch the video and it says 'Video Unavailable".

Back