Logo

Please help w VRO wiring

gone_postal

Regular Contributor
"'98 Johnson 90hp 60*

"'98 Johnson 90hp 60* V4

When I had my motor rebuilt, the mechanic wanted to scrap the VRO system for peace of mind and I said "ok". To the best of my knowledge, he only removed the tank, plugged the oil intake on the fuel pump and cut off the wires from the fuel pump. I didn't ask though, but those things I can tell by just looking.

Well, I just replaced the fuel pump last weekend b/c it had gone bad and now that I have a new pump, I really want the VRO system back - I like the idea of not premixing and not running 50:1 at idle, etc.

I bought a VRO tank off Ebay - said it was the "newer" style - I really don't know the difference, but it is brand new.

Anyway, my issues are this. My new pump has a 4-pin harness coming off of it - I have no idea where this goes. I can't find an empty 4-pin connection on the motor anywhere. Also, there is wiring coming out of the VRO tank - a 2-pin - once again, no idea where it connects. My fear is that these harnesses on the motor where cut, spliced, etc - not sure if they would need to be in order to disable VRO or not. Any help or pics of a fully wired system would be great!! Thanks"

"what u need,is a factory serv

"what u need,is a factory service manual,to assist u with the wiring.....however...the small wires,r for the low oil in tank.....the 4 wires,r for no oil signal,and sys ck functions if applicable..."

"Yeah, I have system check and

"Yeah, I have system check and figured that's what the wiring was - I just don't know where they hook up - clearly there were factory harnesses and I was just wondering if I'm somehow overlooking them.

Also, I do have a SELOC repair manual and I'm having a hard time figuring out the diagram b/c everything isn't labeled in the pic."

"seloc/clymer..is for starting

"seloc/clymer..is for starting fires...get u a factory,on this site,....it will help u immensely.....those wires r prob in ur harness just cut off short,taped etc..."

Back