Logo

pitch prop

Need better details on boat. A 16 ft. aluminum, what model? Rigged for fishing or water sports? How much cargo weight is normally hauled? Power trim and tilt?

A 16x48 aluminum boat, said it all. If you put too many variables in it, you don't have one.

Thanks anyway!

Sorry, I rebuild props, so what do I know? I had this crazy idea to try to set you up with my prop guide.

Last edited:
A 16x48 aluminum boat, said it all. If you put too many variables in it, you don't have one.

Thanks anyway!
Really Chick there is more information needed. Not to contradict you, but what the guys are getting after is hull style and load in the boat. A semi-V BassTracker style boat outfitted with 3 batteries, livewells, fishing gear, trolling motor, etc is going to be a lot heavier than a basic 16' jon boat with 48" beam. Likewise, the planing characteristics of a Semi-V versus a Deep-V (like a Lund, StarCraft, etc) will be vastly different as well.

So yes, if you would supply that kind of information it will help others to give you the best possible answer to your question.

For example, I used to have a SeaNymph Semi-V 16' fully outfitted for fishing with a 1994 Evinrude 50HP. The prop was a 12x15 and that put me at about 5,500 RPM at WOT doing a max 35MPH.

Any redneck that has a 16' x 48" boat, will know what I was talking about. I did not intend that question to others as a math problem. Thanks guys, but I am going to just cancel the post, as soon as I have time to see if it is possible.

Really Chick there is more information needed. Not to contradict you, but what the guys are getting after is hull style and load in the boat. A semi-V BassTracker style boat outfitted with 3 batteries, livewells, fishing gear, trolling motor, etc is going to be a lot heavier than a basic 16' jon boat with 48" beam. Likewise, the planing characteristics of a Semi-V versus a Deep-V (like a Lund, StarCraft, etc) will be vastly different as well.

So yes, if you would supply that kind of information it will help others to give you the best possible answer to your question.

For example, I used to have a SeaNymph Semi-V 16' fully outfitted for fishing with a 1994 Evinrude 50HP. The prop was a 12x15 and that put me at about 5,500 RPM at WOT doing a max 35MPH.

Back