Logo

Photos of a 1969 Evinrude 95HP

bkillian

"My father-in-law is offering

"My father-in-law is offering my a 1969 Evinrude 9.5 HP Model# 9922S outboard free, if I will pay the shipping. Any one have any pictures of this particular motor? I'm hoping it will make my 12ft. aluminum jon boat scoot."

"Here's a pic of that mode

"Here's a pic of that model. It is more than enough power for a 12ft Jon - it will move you...

82323.jpg
"

I use one of those old punkin

I use one of those old punkin head motors quit often on a 14 footer and it does an outstanding job.

Would you happen to know the m

Would you happen to know the measurement from where it sits on the transom to the bottom of the prop?

"I believe the 9222 "s&#34

"I believe the 9222 "s" was the short shaft model - so it would be around 17/18", designed for a 15" transom."

"I got my motor today! Really

"I got my motor today! Really clean, tank, gas, plugs, kill switch, ckoke, then 3 pulls, push choke in 2 pulls and runnin' good, test run in the morning, Do the newer motors have this much aluminum in them? I love it no rust and light weight."

"Yes, almost entirely aluminum

"Yes, almost entirely aluminum - doesn't rust, but salt will corrode and "burn" it..."

the 9.5 model is still one of

the 9.5 model is still one of the lightest motors for the power 60lbs and it cannot be beat. Heck a 5hp Honda weighs that much.

Back