Logo

Photo or location of Killswitch on a 1976, Johnson 55 HP outboard

KevinRood

New member
Can someone please help me?
I am looking for the location for the Killswitch on a 1976 Johnson 55 HP outboard. I’m trying to troubleshoot my deceased father‘s boat problem for my stepmother. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
 
There was no kill switch on it from the factory.----Find a suitable one on ----Amazon.----Or find a newer control box that has it.-----Your location?
 
There was no kill switch on it from the factory.----Find a suitable one on ----Amazon.----Or find a newer control box that has it.-----Your location?
That’s not what I am hearing, I’ve been informed it does. I don't know if my Father installed it or not. It is located on the front of the engine.
 
There was no kill switch on it from the factory.----Find a suitable one on ----Amazon.----Or find a newer control box that has it.-----Your location?
Can you please help me diagnose a no spark or either plug on the 1976 Johnson 55 hp outboard? Kevin from Michigan. Please and thank you, sir.
 
There is still speculation as to if the motor is a 76 as I posted above, 76 doesn't show a shorting switch.
Post model # for verification.
After you determine the exact model year then you test stator & trigger per the appropriate manual.
 
There is still speculation as to if the motor is a 76 as I posted above, 76 doesn't show a shorting switch.
Post model # for verification.
After you determine the exact model year then you test stator & trigger per the appropriate manual.
Thank you so very much and your response! I am definitely not not ever claimed to be an engine repair person. Just trying to troubleshoot a location of what the problem may be. My father had used those words. I remember them as a child. What they are where they’re located or how they’re tested I have no clue. But I do believe mentioning those as soon as I can find a mechanic will speed the process along! Once again, thank you to you, knowledgeable men, and women who keep things running that were built to last for years and years and years unlike nowadays, when things are built to last a couple years break down and force you to buy new. Long live the baby boomers and older generations. Kevin from Michigan.
 
Back
Top