Hi All,
I am reaching out here for a friend that is not very PC savy.
His Perkins 4236 is letting in water when left idle for a while. The engine starts and runs well when used regularly. He removed the cylinder head yesterday in my presence and I observed oil / water mix lying on top of the pistons. The oil when pumped out of the sump with the hand pump is white and comes out like soft putty. The cylinder head gasket looks like new with no signs of water crossing over into the cylinders. My friend works on diesel engines daily but has no experience with marine stuff so some advice here would be greatly appreciated.
I am reaching out here for a friend that is not very PC savy.
His Perkins 4236 is letting in water when left idle for a while. The engine starts and runs well when used regularly. He removed the cylinder head yesterday in my presence and I observed oil / water mix lying on top of the pistons. The oil when pumped out of the sump with the hand pump is white and comes out like soft putty. The cylinder head gasket looks like new with no signs of water crossing over into the cylinders. My friend works on diesel engines daily but has no experience with marine stuff so some advice here would be greatly appreciated.

