Logo

parts for an 1971 mercury 9.8hp model 110 outboard

dlc

New member
does anyone know of a site where you can buy used parts for these motors and have to give you first born to get them.

dlc
 
forgot one very important word. "and not have to give your first born to get them" sorry, I really like my first born and wouldn't trade her for nothing. Well maybe a new 15hp outboard :D

dlc
 
racertone

I guess my mind was somewhere else when I posted. Not only was I trying to trade in my first born but you are right no one would have a clue to tell me where to start cuz they have no idea where I am at. Simply put I live in West Mich in the Grand Rapids area. Thank you for pointing that out and all this time I thought posting on the forum was a waste cuz no one was answering. Simple me. Now that I am here maybe you can help. I don't seem to have any spark to the plugs. I changed the wiring from the points to the coils because the insulation was gone. Thought that was the problem but guess not. Again simple me. I checked the stator and it was reading 50k ohms one direction and none the other. That seems to align with the manual. I have a "Phase maker ignition" and outside of wiring there are only 5 components to the whole system. Points, coil, stator, plugs and kill switch which is advised not to use. The manual reccomends using the choke to shut the engine off. The points are making and breaking just fine according to my meter. It does seem odd to me that the system is grounded constantly but I am told that is how it works. Bottom line is wasted time not on the lake cuz I can't get my motor running. Any help would be appreciated.

dlc
 
dlc,

Looks like you are in my position.
I have a 71' 7.5 HP with no spark.
Coils were a real bugger to find. It wasn't the problem even though both gnd wires were broken.
At this point I am going to get the insulators and find some HV wire at work.
 
Correct stop button " opens the circuit "------------If you lived a little closer I could help with used parts -------Not interested in shipping.
 
Back
Top