Logo

part identification

jslaughter

im trying to figure out what this piece is with the bolt through it, its connected to the shift lever. when the shift lever moves the black piece moves. i dont know what it does but the motor seems to run good with it broken. please give me the name of the part so i can see about getting a new one and can someone please tell me what it does? how important is it? also the picture with the red lever.. its also broken and same as the black piece i dont know what it is what it does or how important it is

Attachments

• 20130705_182205_resized_1.jpg
    20130705_182205_resized_1.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 20130705_182227_resized_1.jpg
    20130705_182227_resized_1.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 33
The first picture shows the nuetral interlock.------It's function is to prevent too much throttle opening in nuetral.---------The red lever is there to prevent cranking / starting the motor with too much throttle opening.-----Those would be damaged / bypassed by someone struggling to make the motor run / start properly as designed !!

If you're not installing the manual starter, you don't need the red lever. The black bracket, you need.

Those ground up flywheel teeth if memory serves me right were for the manual starter but I don't know how a plastic gear would manage to damage those steel teeth like that.

Back