Logo

overheat alarm

redsnapper386

Regular Contributor
guys i have a 1993 2.5 200 hp merc black .i replaced waterpump,new thermostat ,new temp sender,still the over heat alarm sounds off.temp gauge is new and says 160 to 183. i tried 170 temp stick and it wont melt.what to do next.the alarm does not come on all the time just enough to agrevate.usually at high rpm.3000 and up. could it be a bad poppet valve which i have not replaced.thanks in advance.

yes,1 for gauge,1 for sender.will pull poppet valve tomorrow. i cant figure why temp gauge does not say hot,but yet the alarm goes off.thanks for help .motor no.og299578.

yes on heat sticks,the old impeller was cracked and burnt so i replaced the whole pump.thanks for the good info.can you tell me how to back wash motor with water hose.

hi is your motor oil injected or. you pre mix because it can be an oil alarm instead of overheating, is the alarm sound solid or it beep every 3 seconds.

the alarm is solid.yes oil is added to the fuel,injection is plugged off,i do mix the oil on the heavy side,i also mix a little marvel mystery oil for the fuel tank.thanks.

Back