Logo

Opinions Reduced Fuel Economy 2007 DF250

dirtcheap

New member
I have twin 2007 DF250s with a

I have twin 2007 DF250s with approx. 250hrs on them. They started out getting around 1.8 - 2.0 miles per gallon avg. Now getting 1.5 or less no matter how I run them. Dealer checked them out and says compression checks good but suzuki factory rep. suspects carbon buil-up on rings caused by long periods of idling. Recomended a shock treatment of Yamaha Ring Free then continued normal dose treatment from now on. We troll a lot and also overnite fishing deep water oil rigs and idle around all night. Anyone else experience drop in fuel economy? Ideas?
 
I have a set with 50 hrs no pr

I have a set with 50 hrs no problems .Remember that lovley Suzuki warranty !!!!
 
So I'm spending $200 dolla

So I'm spending $200 dollars on shock treatment for carbon build up when I should ask Suzuki to do warranty work?
 
"Im probably getting a bit exc

"Im probably getting a bit excited ,seafoam and ring free will do what they are supposed to do.I swapped from Optis to Suzuks because of the Suzuki warranty ,which the dealer pushed down my throat and we have good hearted banter about.keep us posted if you do the decarbonising and it works"
 
Back
Top