Logo

OMC Cobra Twin 5.0 H2O issues - 1991 Four Winns 285

Estam

Member
Hi everyone. Purchased 2 Water Pumps but before installing I removed both pumps and connected my ear muffs to each and turned on the water.
I remembered that water would flow out of the stbd side orifice that supply's the pump. In this case on the port side drive there no sign of water and the stbd side drive has a flow that's less than I'd expect.

Starting with the no flow and with the short distance, can anyone suggest a cause and what I should check next?
 
Hi everyone. I need to reword my op.

I removed the water pump from one of my drives., connected the ear muffs and no water came out.

I don't quite understand what could be blocking it, any suggestions please.

Many, many thanks.

Dave...
 
I think you need to back up a bit, explain the circumstances and reword again. Is the pump for the outdrive or the motor? Is the drive connected to the motor?
 
Boat sat for 2 winters on the hard. Winterized and shrink wrapped.
Engine is fine, I'm just not getting any water up to the pump on the back of the outdrive.
Removed the pump, connected the ear muffs and no water came out of the feed orifice.
 
Back
Top