Logo

OMC 19ft deck boat with 115hp Evinrude motor

Functionalfool

I'm new to site and my first post. This is also my first boat! I bought it recently and it needs some work. I turned the key yesterday and was able to get it to sputter but not run. It has been sitting for almost a decade so I'm guessing the carb is gummed up. My question to you guys is, how do I know what rebuild kit to buy? It came with no manual or registration and I bought it from a friend and he can't find the title so I don't know the year but he said he thinks it's 93. There are a couple kits for that year. How do I know which one to buy?

The model number , which should be on a plate , probably on the transom clamp bracket will identify the year and other details.

Armed with the model number you should be able confirm the year from the Model Number Guide and the part numbers and kits you need from the Engine Diagrams on this site.

Model is OMCL222BK394

Here are pics

Attachments

• 20180902_080916.jpg
    20180902_080916.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 37
I posted a pic a min ago but for some reason I can't post another. I Emden went on my pc to do it thinking maybe it was my phone.Ileft my house for a sec but I'll try again in ten min

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help guys! I got the motor running!

I have a new question though. The hydrolic motor tilt isn't working. It goes up and down but won't hold the weight of motor. The fluid is low, so before I go to trouble of bleeding the line, I need to first to off fluid. What kind of fluid does it take? Is it standard hydraulic fluid or something else?

Really appreciate all the help you guys have given me! This is my first boat and it is 24 years old!

Back