Logo

None of trim switches work

ldv5379

First let me say I am literally brand new at this. My fater-in-law gave us his 1985 Procraft 1750v with a Evinrude 150 hp and just brought in home to Texas from Virginia. Ive already replaced a water pump, starter, and front livewell pump without issue. But the boat shifter is very stiff so I took it apart to inspect. Cleaned up, put back together and it wouldnt start and none of the trim buttons work. So I took it apart again and now it will start but still none of the trim buttons work. Did I knock somethin loose in shifter because it worked fine until I disassembled it. Please help keeping me off the water!!

Update: when I use the switch on shifter or the bow there is a clicking sound coming from the motor maybe the trim switch?

Last edited:
Update: I checked the relays and they are clicking. It also looks like the relays overheated or something caused an overheating because the connectors look melted and there is a black sticky residue on the connectors. I ordered the relays and the harnesses. I have received the relays but it just clicks as well (needed to be bought anyway bc of damage). Im guessing that it must be the trim motor. Ive gotten two retaining screws out but the third is in the back and I cant figure out how to get to it. Any help is appreciated.

Back