Hello guys!
My issue is that the manual is unclear how the KILL SWITCH works with the throttle control plate.
Could that kill switch be shorting out that cylinder fire? All I can see is there is a little red wire that comes off of the throttle control plate and grounds on top of the fuel filter on side of engine.
Is that red wire the kill switch? On that side of the points, there is a little copper bended plate that touches a lead that connects to that red wire, and I am trying to understand if that that needs to be connected or not, in order to get spark.
Thanks Team!!!
- After I got the pistons unseized on this 1966, I was not getting spark on either spark plug.
- after taking off flywheel, lots of rust and corrosion all over the points, condensor, coil and it plate
- Cleaned it all up and then had ONLY SPARK ON TOP CYLINDER
- Then cleaned some more, and decided to replace with new condensors and points
- After replacing, now the Bottom Cylinder only has spark.
My issue is that the manual is unclear how the KILL SWITCH works with the throttle control plate.
Could that kill switch be shorting out that cylinder fire? All I can see is there is a little red wire that comes off of the throttle control plate and grounds on top of the fuel filter on side of engine.
Is that red wire the kill switch? On that side of the points, there is a little copper bended plate that touches a lead that connects to that red wire, and I am trying to understand if that that needs to be connected or not, in order to get spark.
Thanks Team!!!

