Logo

No spark power to back of boat amp motor

lon

New member
"Hi.
Brand new here. Helping


"Hi.
Brand new here. Helping a church family get volvo- pena V six ready to take kids sking. Battery is up. No spark to back of boat/ motor What am I missing? Glastron boat about 12 years old, all gages and horn work. Red button pulled out with the clip for safety
water in motor, oil changed.
Thanks
Lon"
 
I'd start with shecking to

I'd start with shecking to see if the safey switch is OK... Removing one of the wires on the back of the switch should disable the safety function and let the engine start (If the switch is defective)
 
"By "No spark to back of b

"By "No spark to back of boat/ motor" do you mean that the ignition is dead but that the starter does turn the engine over? If this is so, how did you determine that there is no spark? and from where is there no spark (coil lead to distributor cap or plug wire?) Let's sort this out and we'll go from there.
happy.gif
"
 
Back
Top