Hi Guys, just bought a used boat with a Mercury 2003 25hp 4 Stroke (with carb?) and did a maintenance check on it etc. New oil, oil filter, gas filter, gear oil and its purring. Ordered a 18mm spark plug socket to do plugs also.
Anyways, I have 2 wires in the front of engine (Brown + Brown/White) right beside each other with one female connector and one male connector. The connectors look 95% like they were connected together and are worn. I may have separated them removing cowl with the clip in the front?
Everything points to them belonging together as the engine is very clean and only one other wire is unconnected (in the back) but it has a proper butt connector.
I'm getting various answers on the net so I hoped I'd find a definitive answer here.
Thx ahead.

Anyways, I have 2 wires in the front of engine (Brown + Brown/White) right beside each other with one female connector and one male connector. The connectors look 95% like they were connected together and are worn. I may have separated them removing cowl with the clip in the front?
Everything points to them belonging together as the engine is very clean and only one other wire is unconnected (in the back) but it has a proper butt connector.
I'm getting various answers on the net so I hoped I'd find a definitive answer here.
Thx ahead.



