Logo

New member here.

SeaWay

Hi All,
First post.
My name's Tom and I'm located on Vancouver Island. Just bought a 1983 Tolly26 with the 454 Crusader and love 'em both!
I'm going to take a look around the forum and read as much as I can. I'm now mostly interested in researching a carb swap. From the old Rochester QuadJet to the Edelbrock 1409. (someone said I'd need the 1410 Model for the big block 454. Anyone know anything about this?)
Anyway, thanks for letting me in and <high five> to the internet.

Either carb size (that's the difference) will work. I'd go with the 1409--better gas mileage. You'll need the Edlebrock adapter as well to overcome that goofy Q-Jet manifold opening.

Jeff

PS: Nearly bought a 30 foot Tolly. Great boats!

Welcome FYI: My twin 454's have been running 1409's with perfection in the 4 years I have been in charge, I am more that assured the 1410's are too big............in my opinion... I can assume you are not planning any porting or polishing on the heads that can benefit from that flow?

Last edited:
I'll be happy to provide your old Rochesters a new home if you decide on doing the swap.

The 1409 will be more than adequate.

Search the Crusader board for <<1409>> or <<Edelbrock>>; you'll find several posts that cover most of the details.

Thanks for the welcome and clarification on the 1409 as being the right carb. I'll be looking for best price on one of these and probably order one within the next month or two. Also, MakoMark, I definately keep you in mind if I want to give away the Rochester.

Back