Logo

new 115hp CT Shaft Length XL to Long?

whaler_warner

Contributing Member
I have been offered a fantastic deal on a brand new ex demo Merc 115, even comes with top mount controls and stainless prop which is a huge bonus for me. The issue is that its an XL length shaft and I need long shaft.

I can see from pics it looks like a spacer to give the extra length but assume there will be a longer driveshaft and maybe issues with warranty changing to the shaft length??
 
The driveshaft MAY have a spacer/ extender piece that can be removed. Should not be a warrantee issue.

Jeff
 
The water tube and the shift shaft will also need to be swapped as both will be too long.

If the stub shaft is not present on the drive shaft, given the cost to replace all the parts (and the work and special tools to pull/replace the driveshaft) you might be better off installing the motor on a jackplate and simply raising it the 5 inches that way.
 
Back
Top