Logo

Need tips on Servicing lower unit and pump

seewll

"I have a 2000 115 hp Johnson

"I have a 2000 115 hp Johnson ocean pro. I am new to this sort of Maint. so wanted some pointers on what to look for or what not to do when servicing my own motor. I have a seloc manual on the way, I want to be able to change my own lower unit oil, replace my own pump and any other maint. that I can do. I am pretty mech enclined, but not an expert as some of you are. I will read up before starting, but want to get your thoughts on the subject. Are there any other Things that I can do on my own that you would reccomend? What about carb cleaning, and ignition parts? Do you do this only when you begin to have trouble or can you plan on doing this based off of run hours? Thank you for your input. This is a great site, I am glad I found it."

"glad to see You ordered a man

"glad to see You ordered a manual. changing L.U. oil and pump not hard. do every spring. spark plugs too. when you have problems, diagnostic tools can get pricey. most are better off taking it in. when working on carbs, don't take shortcuts. do the job complete. and syncing is very important. when installing lower after service, have a helper turn the flywheel to line up the splines. saves a lot of agrivation."

Back