Logo

Need manual For 727374 EvenrudeampJohnson 40 HP outboards

buzzard

" If there is any one manual t

" If there is any one manual that covers three years of 40 hp engines.All are OMC but all are different.72 & 74 are Even and 73 is Johnson. Have Clymer manual and is no good on most similar things. Doesn't even have correct wiring diagram on 74. Solinoid check listed is in error, not for all types solinoid on elec start. Manufacturer changed a few things right about then so all parts are not the same, Don't know if specs are either.Does your manufacturers set cover three years in a row or would i have to get more than one set for the different engines although they are real close, but not exact. "

" Buzzard,

The factory serv

" Buzzard,

The factory service manuals for those years are not "combined". There is a different manual for each year.

Your only other option for a combined manual is the Seloc manual... similar to Clymer but somewhat better in my opinion.

Hope that helps...

Regards,
Andrew "

" Thanks, I sort of figured th

" Thanks, I sort of figured that might be the case for these particular years usually referred to as changeover years but was hoping someone had something on market better than I was aware of. You are right about Clymer manual, it is very weak on these models(sucks is the right word). Not one electrical schematic listed matched any of the three 40HP engines I have or even close.Color codes and all are not close. I got 2 of 3 running fair at this point but fine adjustments may be difficult at this time. Also some minor wiring to get electric starts put in. Anyway thanks for help so far. "

Back