Logo

Need help: Nissan TLDI NSD40B idles fine no power at take off.

bbran32

Hello everyone, I'm hoping to find some suggestions. I have a 2008 40hp tldi nissan. This boat idles like a dream never dies never stalls. However last year it suddenly lost all of its power. It takes it forever to get on plane, like the boat it is weighted down. For context this motor is on a 1652 semi-v weldbilt aluminum boat. The boat doesn't weigh a-lot. It should hop up and take off and used to do it quit well. It almost acts like its not getting the fuel it needs. Here are the test I've done so far.
  • Compression on all cylinders are within 110 to 120 closer to 120. That measurement is on a cold engine. Ive had it in the shop working other things and havent had the chance to warm it up.
  • All cylinders have fire
  • fuel pressure is 90
  • air pressure is at 80
Like i said this motor idles smooth but just doesn't have the power to pull itself out of the water. Could it be the tps? It's not throwing any codes. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I Dont think so, rpm’s aren’t ever high. I also posted about the air rail. I posted this before seeing the fluid in the air valve. Could the fluid crossing over cause this?

Back