Logo

Need help inserting wire terminal/pin receptacle in to wire terminal cover (power pack wire)

DMD

New member
Hello Guys. This is my first post and just learning my way around this forum. I am replacing the terminals/pin receptacle and terminal covers on the wires to my 1994 70HP Evinrude. The wire connection at the old wire terminal has become frayed and exposed. I received the new terminals/pin receptacle and terminal covers but not sure how to insert the terminal into the terminal cover without damaging terminal due to tight fit. I assume that I need to insert the wire into the cover first then work the wire through the other opening of cover then crimp terminal on wire. Then after crimping terminal on the wire, I assume you pull on the wire while working the terminal into the cover. I'm concerned that this may damage pin or wire on expensive power pack. Should I use dialectic grease to make insertion easier. Any tricks of trade would be helpful. It may obvious to some on how to put it together but you and I know about assuming. Thanks in advance!
! Screenshot_2017-05-29-19-51-41.jpg
This is is a screen shot of the pin terminal and terminal cover.
 
you will need a inservt tool pt.nu.0332697,or make your owne,when you crimp the wire,using needle nose pliers,and then must be soldered to the to the to the wire to make a good electrical contact and security also use isopropyl alcohol on the connector cavitys.
 
Are you speaking of the PIN & SOCKET connectors that are inserted in the round rubber connectors?

Yes Joe that is what I'm speaking of. When I ordered the parts from marineengine.com they refer to them as a pin receptacle and terminal cover. It looks just like a spark plug round rubber boot and the metal connector that goes into the boot only much smaller. It connects to the coil from power pack. I have attached a screen shoot of the two parts below. It's the two top items in the screen shot. Hope you can see them below.


asset.php
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_2017-05-29-19-51-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-05-29-19-51-41.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 51
you will need a inservt tool pt.nu.0332697,or make your owne,when you crimp the wire,using needle nose pliers,and then must be soldered to the to the to the wire to make a good electrical contact and security also use isopropyl alcohol on the connector cavitys.

I tried searching the internet with pt. nu. 0332697 and can't find a match. Where can I find it for sale or how to make one? Please point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!
 
Are you speaking of the PIN & SOCKET connectors that are inserted in the round rubber connectors?

Yes Joe that is what I'm speaking of. When I ordered the parts from marineengine.com they refer to them as a pin receptacle and terminal cover. It looks just like a spark plug round rubber boot and the metal connector that goes into the boot only much smaller. It connects to the coil from power pack. I have attached a screen shoot of the two parts below. It's the two top items in the screen shot. Hope you can see them below.


asset.php
 
Back
Top