"I just received my chaparral
"I just received my chaparral 260 signauture 2001 with a volvo 5.7 GSI engine and volvo dp outdrive
first trial on rough sea (2-3 ft waves) with full gas and 8 adults on board we were able to reach 38 mph and 42-4400 rpm, with the preinstalled F 4 prop.
I took the boat out of water and changed the prop with an F-8 recon prop. Back to water again next day, it run up to 4200 for few minutes and then never being able to go more than 2200 rpm, and 15 mph in a very calm sea??
I replaced the fuel filter, it came out clean and nothing changed.
temp is 150 F, oil press 40 psi, voltage 13, oil is full and brand new, outdrive oil just changed.
NO ALARM SOUND AT ALL only that of the depth finder when less than 15 ft depth.
everything looks normal, boat is only 103 hrs and looks clean and neet.
urgent advice or help for a depressed one overseas
willy"
"I just received my chaparral 260 signauture 2001 with a volvo 5.7 GSI engine and volvo dp outdrive
first trial on rough sea (2-3 ft waves) with full gas and 8 adults on board we were able to reach 38 mph and 42-4400 rpm, with the preinstalled F 4 prop.
I took the boat out of water and changed the prop with an F-8 recon prop. Back to water again next day, it run up to 4200 for few minutes and then never being able to go more than 2200 rpm, and 15 mph in a very calm sea??
I replaced the fuel filter, it came out clean and nothing changed.
temp is 150 F, oil press 40 psi, voltage 13, oil is full and brand new, outdrive oil just changed.
NO ALARM SOUND AT ALL only that of the depth finder when less than 15 ft depth.
everything looks normal, boat is only 103 hrs and looks clean and neet.
urgent advice or help for a depressed one overseas
willy"

