Logo

My sincere gratitude to all who helped

"As the subject says, I would

"As the subject says, I would like to thank all those who answered my pleas for help.
I had the boat lifted to dry dock and sure enough the prop had spun on the hub. I also noticed that the raw water hose connector was corroded very badly.
Fitted a new prop and new hose connector and took her for the first sea trial this weekend. Did a 50 mile round trip and had no problems whatsoever - that's a first for me!!!

Again many thanks to all

Bill"

"[i]<font color=""ff0000"">Did

"<font color=""ff0000"">Did a 50 mile round trip and had no problems whatsoever....</font> Well, who paid your fuel bill....?
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Now seriously, I'm glad you fixed your boat problems.
thumbs_up.gif
"

"Bill,

That's good news

"Bill,

That's good news! Concerning the 50-mile Round-Trip--as E.P. wisely noted--that's getting to be a big investment.

I have to do complex calculations factoring in the wind and tides so when I'm done fishing I let the currents and wind blow me back to the dock to save fuel!
wink.gif
"

"My solution to the high cost

"My solution to the high cost of fuel cost is: 20 min radius @ cruise for fishing trips (cruise is just a tad under 30 mph). Fortuntely...there have been some fish in that radius. Unfortunately, fishing has been even better 45 mins to an hour away. Since I do almost exclusively catch and release, 20 mins it is."

Back