Logo

My merc1000 100 hp ouboard makes boat lean to left at 15mph

mancalledjeremy

New member
"I have an older starcraft v b

"I have an older starcraft v bottom boat with a mercury 1000- 100 hp out board motor on it. Took it out on the water and for some reason if I go 15 mph or above, it tends to lean to the left side at a 45degree angle. It feels like the back end tries to push around. Does any one know why it is doing this? "
 
"Hey there!

Have you checke


"Hey there!

Have you checked the trim-tab? Adjust it towards the lean of the boat.

If boat steers left, adjust the tab towards the portside. The tab acts as a guide to correct motor's "torque steer". I know it sounds funny that it should be adjusted into the direction of steer, but that's how she works... Like a lady, these things boggle our simple man-minds!

Do it in stages and test accordingly.

This should sort the problem. Just don't drop any parts if doing this exercise on the water...

Regards!

Benjamin."
 
That is really extreme and it

That is really extreme and it sounds like there is something wrong with the boat bottom.
 
Back
Top