Logo

Motor's DOWN! Tilt n trim won't wurk.

gedmo

Boat's in the garage. Neither of 3 T n Tilt buttons work. Lowered the motor when i brought her home in latr winter to let her drain out. All i get is a click on the motor when i hit any of the buttons for TnT. Cleaned the battery terminals, charged the battery thinking it might be low but wasn't the problem. Can i bypass TnT to get the motor up temporarily? Deactivate TnT? Suggestions on the problem? THX!!!!!

None of the controls work? Pull the relays out of the sockets and inspect the sockets top/bottom for corrosion. You can carefully jumper between the heavy red wires in each of the sockets to see if it runs up/down. If it runs w/the jumpers replace both relays.

hotwire the motor directly to a lawn tractor, car, etc battery. if your existing motor has black then that is a common ground and you touch blue for up and green for down. If your trim motor does not have a black wire then it does not have a ground and you reverse polarity to switch direction.

if tthe system does not work when hotwired then it is motor. If system does work when hotwired then it is probably the fuse feeding into control circuit or the circuit breaker feeding into power circuit. If it is a 3w trim motor then makes sure the black wire has solid ground connection.

Last edited:
Back