brownja2
Member
Hi All,
My 4.3L OMC Cobra is in a 1989 VIP Vantage. The boat weighs 2500 pounds and says it has a max. load of 1200 pounds, persons and gear. The problem is that it runs just great and gets right up on plane UNTIL, There is more than 4 adults and a cooler and other gear. I am guessing all together I have maybe 900-1000 pounds on the boat when it starts to not get up on plane anymore. Is this normal? It seems like a 6 cylinder 4.3L would still be able to get up and go with that load on it! I have read other posts saying this could have to do with the prop? Also, it seems like I have to have the throttle about half way down before I get any response and start to go any faster. Maybe the throttle cable or linkage needs adjustment? Any ideas??
My 4.3L OMC Cobra is in a 1989 VIP Vantage. The boat weighs 2500 pounds and says it has a max. load of 1200 pounds, persons and gear. The problem is that it runs just great and gets right up on plane UNTIL, There is more than 4 adults and a cooler and other gear. I am guessing all together I have maybe 900-1000 pounds on the boat when it starts to not get up on plane anymore. Is this normal? It seems like a 6 cylinder 4.3L would still be able to get up and go with that load on it! I have read other posts saying this could have to do with the prop? Also, it seems like I have to have the throttle about half way down before I get any response and start to go any faster. Maybe the throttle cable or linkage needs adjustment? Any ideas??

