Logo

Model Identifier Meaning

Sam110

Regular Contributor
Would someone help me with model identifiers? It's a 25E77H Johnson 25 hp. The identifier codes page here seem to start at the 1980 yr. and up. It is "E"lectric start and "77" is the year but I'm stumped on the "H" code identifier. Also to look at the motor it appears to be a long shaft however there is no 5 inch spacer btwn the exhaust housing and the bottom end? Can it still be a long shaft? Hoping the "H" code can clarify.

The H means nothing to the consumer / owner of the motor.------There is no L in the model # so it would be a short shaft.----Short / long is still a big confusing concept / thing to many folks.----Post a picture of this motor !

It's a "for sale" motor I looked at this morning and I don't have immediate access to otherwise I would post you a pic.
Thanks racer.

There was an "S" and a "H" suffix for that model. The letters signify some mid-year engineering change in some part(s). If you really gotta know, pour over the parts books till you find it. I have more important things to worry about, as I'm sure you do also.

Back