Logo

Missing flap

walster

Contributing Member
my 270 drive is missing the ex

my 270 drive is missing the exgaust flap on the bottom of the drive it seems to be rivetted on is there a way to fix this? can you buy the new flap and rerivett? also i have to buy a new exgaust bellows the guy who handles volvo tells me i can buy a bellows hose with a built in flap for $160 wondering what to do and whats best please help.

El Pescador Thanks for the li

El Pescador Thanks for the link you sent me I went to it and the diagram shows I need item 4 when I click on item 4 it comes up showing a screw for $19.99 I'm thinking this is item 5 and I need # 4 but only the rubber flapper I already have the housing I apprecate the time your taking to help me thanks again Walter

"Somehow, I don't think th

"Somehow, I don't think that VP sells the flap separately. I had time ago a used 270 that came with a homemade flapper (don't know who made it but it seemed to work). Also, if the VP exhaust outlet turns to be too expensive, the exhaust bellows with flapper will also work in your outdrive."

"its not a typo the volvo mari

"its not a typo the volvo marine dealer closesest to my city wants 160 plus tax 14%, for the bellows hose that has flap inside it would i be better off ordering from web?"

"EL PESCADOR i dont mean to be

"EL PESCADOR i dont mean to be a bother however i am puzeled the link you sent shows that the hose with the flap is not the one used in the 270 drive,will it fit or should i buy the one without built in flap,are they the same size or interchangeable?...thanks for all the help,,you rock!"

"The reason it is not advertis

"The reason it is not advertised for the 270 is because the 270 has (supposedly) its own flapper (the one you are missing). However, both the exhaust hoses with and without the flapper have the same physical size (lenth and diameter) so the one with the flapper will also fit your drive."

Back