Logo

Mercury 1996 40 ELPTLO CARB FLANGE BROKEN OFF

olhardhead

New member
Engine running rough...removed upper and lower carbs found R/H flange on upper carb broken off. Have no idea how that could ever happen. I need help locating a replacement. It has WMA 2 and 3330-830281- C stamped on L/H side of the housing. 40 merc carb.JPGBROKEN FLANGE.JPG
 
Last edited:
Your location ?---When folks do not tighten the nuts evenly it goes ----" snap "-----Or possibly tighten one side all the way and then the other side it goes ----" snap "
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the reply racerone, I live in Lafayette, La. I've had this boat and motor for about twelve years...never took the carbs off until today. It's had start issues and idle issues forever. So....today my son and I decided to look at the carbs and that's what we found. I've looked everywhere I can think of but haven't come across any thing yet. I'm not a mechanic but have been in Helicopter maintenance for 40 years. Did avionics for most of that time. Do I need a "upper" carb or can a lower carb be adapted to work in the top spot? Thanks for the help
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the reply racerone, good idea..I'm gonna contact a friend who works in the blade shop there's an adhesive he uses for blade tips that should do the job can't remember the name of the stuff though...thanks I've googled my ***** off lookin' for one of those babies and can't find one....best
 
North of the USA border.-----I believe with epoxy / pins / a thin metal plate like the gasket you can repair this to work like new.-----That is what I would do if there was absolutely no other option.
 
raceone, I do have a drill press but a machinist I am not I'm looking at one on eBay that looks like a version of mine it has a plate on the R/H side for the fuel line to attach to I think it should work it's P/N 830281A3.
s-l200.jpg
 
Back
Top