Logo

Mercury 115 hp efi 2005 water came slowly

garcyaaranda

Hi, I am an italian member, very happy to be in this forum. I need help. My boat quicksilver 650 weekend has a mercury 115 four strokes 2005, bought used. I would like to know how it is possible that water came out so slowly from the pee-hole. Mechanic says the motor is good because it has the right temperature and it does not became too hot if running...but i have had other mercury in the past (60 efi) and never troubles like this model with the water coming from pee-hole.
Now after that I have changed the water pump and mechanic says it is all right, I can understand the reason why the water keeps on coming slowly from pee-hole.

Re: Mercury 115 efi 2005 water came slowly

The pee hole is an indicator only. When i bought my 150 black max it peed very strongly all the time. I then replaced the thermostats on a service now it pees much more erratically as the stats now work properly. The old ones were seized open so let the water come out all the time. A good rule of thumb is that if you can keep your hand on the cylinder head for a while then it is not over heating. You should also be able to keep your hand in the pee stream. Remember that the pee stream is only a small percentage of the water passing through your engine, most comes out of the prop. You say your mechanic is happy with it, did he replace the impeller. When was it last done. If you are not sure, change it.

My mec finally founded the way to make water come strong. He told me that there is a part of engine where sand and mud stays too much and this because the engine is working in shallow water (my boat stay in channel).
Anyway after two months there is the same pronlem one more time. Now I have to call my mec again and tell him to*unclogg again my mercury. I am very surprised that the others engines have not problem like this. Only my merc if working in shallow water have this problem. My mec told me that the*holes from where the water passes*through the lower unit are larger or bigger than yamaha or suzuky*so that*a lot of sand and mud come up in the cooling system, but he told me i have not worry until the engine is not overheating.
Someone can tell me a way to unclog by myself when this problem happens??
tHANKS.
I hope I have not to buy a new outboard engine...

Last edited:
Back