Logo

Mercury 110 - Throttle Throw Lever Calilbration

bigtime_mcalpine

Regular Contributor
Hi gang,
I'm suspicious that I'm leaving some power on the table for my 9.8. I had to replace the little plastic lever that sits on top of the carb which actuates the ignition timing delay (the wedge under stator). At present, the throw lever does not roll all the way to the end (or even near the end) of the wedge. I'm thinking this is incorrect. I purchased the service manual thinking it would be called out there but nope, not there. Go figure. Any suggesting on how to perform calibration on this little devil? BTW, why, why, why Mercury did you make such an important piece out of delicate plastic, I just don't get it!!!

Have a couple of those levers on hand myself.-----Many folks are going to be shocked by broken plastic parts.----Not bad if you can get new.----But NLA is the way of the future.----Plastic parts are cheap to manufacture.

Hi gang,
I'm suspicious that I'm leaving some power on the table for my 9.8. I had to replace the little plastic lever that sits on top of the carb which actuates the ignition timing delay (the wedge under stator). At present, the throw lever does not roll all the way to the end (or even near the end) of the wedge. I'm thinking this is incorrect. I purchased the service manual thinking it would be called out there but nope, not there. Go figure. Any suggesting on how to perform calibration on this little devil? BTW, why, why, why Mercury did you make such an important piece out of delicate plastic, I just don't get it!!!

You are in forward gear correct? There is a throttle stop for neutral the stops throttle advance to keep from overreving out of gear.

Back