Hey All. New here, . I have a 1999 Eliminator with a 5.7 Mercruiser inboard engine in it.
I recently rebuilt the carburetor (2 bbl). Before i did this the boat would idle at about 800rpm now it is up to 1100-1200 it seems like, this is just when i have it on the hose. after i ran it for about 4-5 min got it up to temp it would still idle at about 1100rpm it sounds amazing and strong but just a high idle and i know that cant be good for shifting. after i shut it down it dieseled on me a bit. I ran this boat all last summer and it never once dieseled on me. Im not a mechanic by any means but know how to work on things. I took mass amounts of pictures and made sure everything went back together as it should be. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
I recently rebuilt the carburetor (2 bbl). Before i did this the boat would idle at about 800rpm now it is up to 1100-1200 it seems like, this is just when i have it on the hose. after i ran it for about 4-5 min got it up to temp it would still idle at about 1100rpm it sounds amazing and strong but just a high idle and i know that cant be good for shifting. after i shut it down it dieseled on me a bit. I ran this boat all last summer and it never once dieseled on me. Im not a mechanic by any means but know how to work on things. I took mass amounts of pictures and made sure everything went back together as it should be. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

