Mastervall
New member
I have a boat with two Mercruiser 5.0L with Alpha One legs.
The one leg lost all the oil from the reservoir. Exactly at the same time the engine oil pressure gauge went down to zero and temperature from the normal 150 went up to 200 (250 is the maximum on the gauge). The engine alarme went off, and I shut down the engine.
When tied to restart the engine to times, the oil pressure on the gauge shows normal pressure and in 2-3 seconds later the gauge going to zero.
Is anyone have a clue, how the two issues came up exactly at the same time?
Has the engine oil pressure gauge any connection with the leg oil?
I was thinking that the engine oil pump is completely separate from the leg and the engine oil pressure gauge is indicating only the engine oil pressure!
Any help is appreciated!
The one leg lost all the oil from the reservoir. Exactly at the same time the engine oil pressure gauge went down to zero and temperature from the normal 150 went up to 200 (250 is the maximum on the gauge). The engine alarme went off, and I shut down the engine.
When tied to restart the engine to times, the oil pressure on the gauge shows normal pressure and in 2-3 seconds later the gauge going to zero.
Is anyone have a clue, how the two issues came up exactly at the same time?
Has the engine oil pressure gauge any connection with the leg oil?
I was thinking that the engine oil pump is completely separate from the leg and the engine oil pressure gauge is indicating only the engine oil pressure!
Any help is appreciated!

