Logo

Merc 25 equipped boat veers to starboard

pjstock

New member
When I release the steering wheel of our little Merc 25 equipped tin boat, it veers to Starboard.
It's been like this for years, but I thought I'd ask help here.
Is there an adjustment I can make to the motor installation to fix this?
What's causing the pull?
Many thanks
Peter
 

Attachments

  • 20170709_114933-384x512.jpg
    20170709_114933-384x512.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 64
That is normal usually not enough tension on the motor. To help with that see if there is a handle on the front of the motor to adjust the steering tension. If the handle is not there look on the side of the swivel assembly for a screw to and adjust it.
 
Thanks.
Not sure though what I would adjust here. I've attached a cropped photo of the steering area of the motor.
 

Attachments

  • merc 25 steering pieces.jpg
    merc 25 steering pieces.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 57
If the motor has the co-pilot option there would be a lever under the steering bracket to adjust steering tension, Otherwise there is a screw on the steering tube will be a hex head with a screwdriver slot that will adjust the tension.
 
Back
Top