Logo

mariner 40 hp magnum help/question

hi all!!!! im looking at getting a 40 hp for my boat and i came accross this motor over the weekend. the owner doesnt know the year of the motor but gave me the serial number. 0D106445. how do i find out what year it is? second question is the owner said the motor needs new reeds and a new power tilt and trim unit is. the owner is selling it for 250 because he doesnt have the time to fix it. thank you

If this is an inline 4 cylinder motor it may require nearly a complete teardown in order to change the reeds. Not for the faint of heart. If you can do the work yourself it might not be a bad deal.---------Any pictures of this motor ??

Reed valves are actually quite reliable.-------If this is an inline 4 cylinder motor it may require nearly a complete teardown in order to change the reeds. Not for the faint of heart. If you can do the work yourself it might not be a bad deal.---------Any pictures of this motor ??

40 hp0D279350 - 0G1164841994

Check the compression...if it's equal across the cylinders it may be worth repairing if you do the work. Otherwise, forget about it because there are too many out there for sale that work.

Back