Hello
I have 1993 2 stroke 60HP mariner outboard on my old pontoon I got year ago.
It was nog possible to start if cold bug only after 20 tryouts. I replaced starter as it was mechanically bad, put new fuel pump - it uses premix in tank / no oil tank on that motor. I cleaned carbs and installed new gaskets. About 50 hours old spark plugs are in.
I started it with fresh mix and had 3-4 turns of the key to start it but if I put it on higher rpm forward or reverse it is going something wrong like hiccups and I see small amount of smoke throughout near carbs and gas line in area.
It is my first ever troubleshooting and work on an engine so need some help with troubleshooting, please.
I have a video of the “ hiccup “ but cannot loaded it for some reasons
I have 1993 2 stroke 60HP mariner outboard on my old pontoon I got year ago.
It was nog possible to start if cold bug only after 20 tryouts. I replaced starter as it was mechanically bad, put new fuel pump - it uses premix in tank / no oil tank on that motor. I cleaned carbs and installed new gaskets. About 50 hours old spark plugs are in.
I started it with fresh mix and had 3-4 turns of the key to start it but if I put it on higher rpm forward or reverse it is going something wrong like hiccups and I see small amount of smoke throughout near carbs and gas line in area.
It is my first ever troubleshooting and work on an engine so need some help with troubleshooting, please.
I have a video of the “ hiccup “ but cannot loaded it for some reasons

