Logo

Manifold riser gasket

michael_l

"I am in the process of replac

"I am in the process of replacing original log style V6 manifolds with OSCO center rise (no OEM available). It is a fwc system and in the old setup there is a ss block off plate between manifold and riser in addition to gaskets. The fresh water mounting kit supplied by OSCO only has the gasket that blocks off the flow, no stainless plate. Is this suficient or do I need a blocking plate? Also, Is the manifold/riser gasket installed dry? Thanks, Mike"

Mercruiser V6 Center Riser use

Mercruiser V6 Center Riser uses a blocked elbow gasket only. Part # 27-860231. I would prefer adding a SS plate between 2 gaskets if you can find one

"Thanks Henry, This motor pre

"Thanks Henry, This motor pre dates the popular 4.3 litre v6. It is a 229ci / 3.8litre and exhaust parts seem to be rare. I've got some stainless plate so I'll probably order another set of gaskets and fabricate the plate. The snow is still on the ground up here in Maine so I've got some time in the shop. Thanks again. Mike"

"I know about snow Mike, I als

"I know about snow Mike, I also live in Maine.
Well another 2 weeks and it should be gone.
Henry G"

"DO install that SS plate! If

"DO install that SS plate! If the gasket fails, your coolant will go out the exhaust and the motor will overheat.

Jeff"

"Thanks Jeff,
I don't kn

"Thanks Jeff,
I don't know why OSCO does not make that plate available for any of their Crusader / GM replacement manifolds and risers. They have it for log style, but not center rise. I see they have it for some Ford motors, but not for GM. Before I start cutting, drilling and filing some stainless blank, anyone know where I might be able to find a couple? http://www.marineparts.com/osco/osco37.aspx These are the manifolds and risers I have. Thanks, Mike"

Back