Logo

Lost the yoke & nut for fuel glass bowl inside the engine can I operate the engine?

Lakeside Bob

New member
I was changing the rubber gasket for the fuel glass bowl and the yoke and nut assemble that holds the glass bowl on the motor fell off, while I was trying to reach for it it fell down into the engine. I tried but can not get it out. Can I operator the motor with the yoke and nut inside the motor, after I attach the new yoke and nut. I am thinking that since it fell into the motor it is not in contact with any moving objects, meaning it is between the out side shell of the motor and the inner wall of the shaft and moving parts.
The motor is a Evinrude Lark 40 HP year 1961 model 35525
 
Yes that is a good opportunity to clean it out too. I have seen many a mouse nest in here and misc debris. Yes and late model motors too....I have restocked my bolt bins with what I find sometime.😄
 
Probably not gonna hurt much. But for some reason I just don't like the idea of leaving something down in there. 😮
 
Back
Top