Logo

just got the weber conversion kit

discobayken

Regular Contributor
I just purchased the weber conversion kit (carb and manifold) for my aq125 on ebay for $265 / shipped. Yes it is used but supposed to be in good shape. We'll see.

I am curious to hear from others that have done this conversion. I noticed on some previous posts that some had to fabricate brackets for the throttle cable. Does anyone have pictures to share re: their conversion & throttle brackets. Any advice / tips would be appreciated. also, are you still happy with the results?

Thanks in advance,

Ken

I just purchased the weber conversion kit (carb and manifold) for my aq125 on ebay for $265 / shipped. Yes it is used but supposed to be in good shape. We'll see.

I am curious to hear from others that have done this conversion. I noticed on some previous posts that some had to fabricate brackets for the throttle cable. Does anyone have pictures to share re: their conversion & throttle brackets. Any advice / tips would be appreciated. also, are you still happy with the results?

Thanks in advance,

Ken

Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will forward you some information from a member who did the conversion.

El P:

I sent you 2 PM with my email address but I'm not sure you rec'd them. My "sent items" folder shows empty. please let me know if you got it. Thx

Ken

I'm 1/2 way through my conversion on my AQ145. I needed to trim the fwd bolt hole flange on the intake manifold so that it would clear the water housing unit. I also needed to purchase a 10/32 female rod end so that it would thread on to the throttle cable. I did notice on my installation that on the block side aft there's a coolant hole that will not be used on the new intake manifold. Not sure why? The pictures that el_pescador sent you will be a big help.

I've done the conversion and I have a few pics that may help. Send me a pm with an email address and I'll pass them on to you.

Tom

I've done the conversion and I have a few pics that may help. Send me a pm with an email address and I'll pass them on to you.

Tom

Tom, bad boy :D, I don't recall you ever sending me those pictures for my files. Did I miss your e-mail or am I having a senile moment? :eek:

Back