Logo

Johnson 115 hp. 1997 trim issues

Bigjohnson115

My motor trims up fine, but it will not lower without using the release screw. I have reached the relays, drained and replaced the fluid. I replaced all the valves, or check valves, one appeared to be under high pressure when I removed it. The motor works going up and makes the same noise when I try to go down. None of the connections are leaking so it is holding pressure. I have bled all the air out if the system. Any help would be great.

I had this issue on my 1990 90 hp Johnson. It would not trim down, but if you pushed the trim down button for a bit and then pushed down on the motor it would go down. I cleaned and lubed the center shaft and that fixed my issue. I'm not sure if that year is still the same unit.

I had this issue on my 1990 90 hp Johnson. It would not trim down, but if you pushed the trim down button for a bit and then pushed down on the motor it would go down. I cleaned and lubed the center shaft and that fixed my issue. I'm not sure if that year is still the same unit.

Thanks I I have greased it. I can jump up and down on the motor and it won't move .

Back