Logo

Is there an alarm for TOO much oil?

captb

Contributing Member
The motor is a 115 hp 2 stroke, 1991 yamaha. I have removed the oil pump and resevoir on the side of the motor and have been mixing my fuel and oil for 6 months.

the last few times i've taken it out, an intermittent alarm sounds. Sometimes it will stay on, sometimes it will go off. It always causes the motor to go into the limp mode while sounding.

I've tried a couple different without success of getting to my problem yet.

Is there an alarm that would sound if the fuel and oil is mixed too rich? Too much oil? i'm mixing about 50:1 and the oil injector would do 100: at idle and 50:1 at wot, so I guess in theory there's too much oil. Problaby a stupid question and idea, but...

Thanks, B

No alarm for too much oil !!-------------Look into problems with overheating.-----------You have removed the wiring for oil level sensors in the tanks ???????

yes, it was pretty easy, just unplugged it when i took the tank off.

i've unplugged the heat sensor wires to see if that would silence the alarm and no luck. i was thinking of replacing the water pump next.

any other ideas?

You are saying that you have not inspected / replaced the impeller yet ???????-----------Just could be an issue with wiring or the buzzer itself.

i've thought about it being a sensor just going bad, but its probably not a bad idea to change the impeller anyway. at least i can cross that off of problems. i'm decently mechanically minded, but i don't have a wiring diagram for the motor and i'm lost without one. hopefully its the water pump.
thanks, b

Back