Logo

Installing hand control back on 8 hp mercury

"i have removed my 1989 8 hp m

"i have removed my 1989 8 hp mercury kicker motor off my center console.i am having trouble reinstalling the hand control and linkages.any suggestions.i have the motor sold and hate to go buy a $40 book to figure it out.anyone have a picture or web site i might look at?any help would be great.thanks in advance for the response.see ya, Bill"

"Bill, sent a file to your hot

"Bill, sent a file to your hotmail account. If it's not what you are after just drop me a note and I'll see what else I have..."

"Graham,thank you so much.it i

"Graham,thank you so much.it is what i needed.if i can figure how spring 20 and 21 go i think i will have it whipped.thanks again for your help.this site is great and has saved me some money.see ya' Bill"

"Graham,i got the lingage all

"Graham,i got the lingage all together,again thank you.now i need to know where the 2 wires go that come off the tiller handle.thanks in advance for the respone.see ya' Bill"

"Bill, I'm trying to pictu

"Bill, I'm trying to picture the end. If I'm remembering right one end of the two wires is a bullet style connector and the other will be one that a screw can go through (either a hole or the little two pronged fork).

These are for the kill switch in the end of the tiller handle.

With the cover off, feed these back under the powerhead to the right side (if you were looking at the front of the carb). You will have a wire going to the switchbox from the kill switch on the side of the motor. If you find that lead you will see a stubby wire joined to it that will except the bullet end from your tiller handle.

The other wire just has to be connected to any screw (holding anything down) on the power head to ground the circuit. I think you will find at least something else grounded to one of the switchbox mounting screws (bottom rear), and that is a good one to use...."

"Graham,that is how the wires

"Graham,that is how the wires look as you described.i will be able to look at it tomorrow.thanks again for the response and help.once again you have helped me out of a jam.thanks,Bill"

Back