Logo

Installing Evinrude 85 h.p. Outboard on Bayliner Capri.

boatdokker

Regular Contributor
The local boat shop is saying that the original Force throttle controls I found on my Bayliner Cuddy Capri will work on my 1973 85 h.p. Evinrude outboard motor. The motor and controls are both “push throttle” type. How will I go from the threaded cables to the throttle lever on the outboard? So far, I think I found the throttle link on the outboard throttle...p/n 315107. That throttle link appears to be threaded and so is the cable.....must still be missing an adapter or throttle component.

O.K.....I also found the “rod to cam yoke” on the motor, p/n 310524. Still not sure how that is going to hook up to a “Force” threaded throttle cable.

P1010154.JPGYeah, I think that's it. That's the kit "Seastar" mentioned...it's for assembling 3300 series cables to the pre-1979 outboards. Gotta get going on that. Thanks.

Last edited:
Most of the ignition components were bought in Mesa, Arizona, about 2 months ago. They're in a big crate. Making some progress, however. Got a "built from scrap" crane for installing the Evinrude V-4 onto the Bayliner. P1010147.JPG

Attachments

• P1010191.JPG
    P1010191.JPG
    452.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Back