Logo

IN water winter

amantinori

Contributing Member
Guys im going to rent out the boat this year for the winter, this will be the first time i leave it in the water. I'm a bit worried about the freezing, what should i watch for? I know the dock freezes but its just surface ice here on the Hudson river next to the statue of liberty. Someone told me to put a light in the engine bay just to keep some heat down there, not sure if that made sense, thoughts? The motors will be winterized

I leave my Whitcraft in all year. I have 2 heat lanmps in the engine room that are plugged into a thermostatically controlled outlet. 45 degrees and under, the lights come on. We had a real cold winter last year, no problems freezing.

They do make heaters specifically for this. I use one that comes automatically. Very safe. Check Defender - I think they sell them. Also, be sure to drain the water out of any holding tanks you may have.

I just use a standard heat lamp bulb, like you would see in a restaraunt, in a aluminum reflector pointed at the front of the engineRED HEAT LAMP BR40 250 WATTS 5,000 HOURS LONG LIFE LIGHT BULB INDUSTRIAL GRADE INFRARED HEAT LAMP

Back