T
Tom Ketterhagen
Guest
I just purchased a 1974 140 hp
I just purchased a 1974 140 hp merc Ran it last night on the water and it maintains low revs when revd up in neutral and when in gear. I followed the throtle linkage up to what looks like an upside down distributer cap. this rotates and has 3 rotation stops. I messed with the top right one and got high revs. but then it would not go back down to low revs. I put the screw to aprox where it was and limped home. What do I need to do????
I just purchased a 1974 140 hp merc Ran it last night on the water and it maintains low revs when revd up in neutral and when in gear. I followed the throtle linkage up to what looks like an upside down distributer cap. this rotates and has 3 rotation stops. I messed with the top right one and got high revs. but then it would not go back down to low revs. I put the screw to aprox where it was and limped home. What do I need to do????

