Logo

I know what happened to it but I don’t know what that did

Davedand

New member
I have a 2006 Nautical 19’ with a yanmar turbo diesel and a bravo 1diesel x leg which I know nothing about this is my first inboard
long story short I clipped a rock at idle speed and it sounds like something has sheared which I hope is a shear pin of some sort but cannot find anything about it. Any one know what might be the problem, is there a shear pin on a shaft somewhere? Curious
thanks in advance
 
I have a 2006 Nautical 19’ with a yanmar turbo diesel and a bravo 1diesel x leg which I know nothing about this is my first inboard
long story short I clipped a rock at idle speed and it sounds like something has sheared which I hope is a shear pin of some sort but cannot find anything about it. Any one know what might be the problem, is there a shear pin on a shaft somewhere? Curious
thanks in advance

Not that I am aware of.

Please give us more details regarding what happened, and what the problem is now!


.
 
Not that I am aware of.

Please give us more details regarding what happened, and what the problem is now!


.
After hitting the rock it just makes a sort of grinding noise when put in gear but won’t turn the prop which I was hoping might be a shear pin. There is a small chunk off the bottom of the leg where it hit but the prop looks fine, no nicks or bends, I can turn the prop freely by hand in what would be the forward directionwith no resistance, turning it backwards has a little more resistance like something is turning inside
 
After hitting the rock it just makes a sort of grinding noise when put in gear but won’t turn the prop which I was hoping might be a shear pin. There is a small chunk off the bottom of the leg where it hit but the prop looks fine, no nicks or bends, I can turn the prop freely by hand in what would be the forward directionwith no resistance, turning it backwards has a little more resistance like something is turning inside

Reread post #3
 
Back
Top