Logo

How to Implement or Install Power Steering System in Mercrusier 6.2, Bravo with Closed System

Hello,
I'm Angelo Solanilla from Panama in Central America, I have a Rinker Fiesta 1992, with a Mercrusier 6.2 with a Bravo II and closed system.

I dont have power steering in my engine but I have a Pump, Oil Cooler and actuator. But I need the pulley a new belt. brackets and other stuff. The first thing that I need is a knowleg to convert my engine to use power steering.

I attached a drawing of my engine. And corresponding to 0L680003 THRU 0M299999.
My serial number is L675723 if you access to https://webapps.brunswick.com/literature/literatureSearch.do you can ckeck the diagrams, is a closed system.
My system use ACDelco alternator 65 amp.

I wondering to know wich parts I need to add powerstering to this system, please. Could you help me please.

Sounds like a nice project my guess is you only need a few components the pump, cylinder and lines.
http://www.marineengine.com/parts/mercruiser-sterndrive-parts/bravo-two/0f730000-thru-0m100000
You need to find out how to mount the pump on the motor then mount the assist cylinder and run the lines if you can find access to a similar system and take some pics. I`m sure someone here has better info But anything is possible. I couldnt find a pump mount for the 6.2.
Thanks for your time, Yes I need a new bracket to change the position of some components, a large belt and maybe few new hoses to look like this engine.
Regards...
$T2eC16Z,!yUE9s6NGyleBRi88qtmpQ~~60_57.jpg

Thanks for your time, Yes I need a new bracket to change the position of some components, a large belt and maybe few new hoses to look like this engine.
Regards...

Ayuh,.... It would probably be cheaper, 'n No doubt Easier to just go with a full hyd. steerin' system,...

How did ya end up where yer at with the steerin',..??
Is this a replacement motor,..??
Where's the old take-out motor,..??
What motor was in the boat,..??
What steerin' system was in the boat,..??

Hello,

3 year ago I had a Mercrusier 5.7 caburated with Power Steering, the engine was burned up. I friend of mine gave me a Mercrusier 6.2 MPI with only 126 hours but with out PS.
Now I want to add PS System to a new engine because when I tried to Trim the wheel turned very hard to handled.
I have some parts like PS pump, Actuator, PS Oil Cooler, Im very sure that I need few brackets, hoses and belt.
I need someone to tell me the parts numbers in order to buy it and install it.

Regards...

Hello,

3 year ago I had a Mercrusier 5.7 caburated with Power Steering, the engine was burned up. I friend of mine gave me a Mercrusier 6.2 MPI with only 126 hours but with out PS.
Now I want to add PS System to a new engine because when I tried to Trim the wheel turned very hard to handled.
I have some parts like PS pump, Actuator, PS Oil Cooler, Im very sure that I need few brackets, hoses and belt.
I need someone to tell me the parts numbers in order to buy it and install it.

Regards...

Ayuh,... So what happened to the ole 350,..?? Did it use the serpentine belt,..??

If so,... Use the brackets off that motor,...
The block of yer new motor, is the same as the ole 350 ya took out, so the bracketry will swap over,...
Or,...
As I said before, go to a full hyd. steerin' system,...
Or,...
Go to a No-feedback cable system,....

What yer askin' is 'bout Impossible, without bein' at yer motor, to see what ya got, 'n what ya need,...
'bout all you can do is sit down with the parts phish of yer motor, 'n that of a SBC, With P/S, 'n decide exactly which parts are different,...
It could very well mean, ya need All of the hangers from another motor, 'n use only the accessories ya got, without any of the brackets,...

Last edited:
Back