Logo

how to change o-ring in vntg dual line pressure fitting?

Hello everyone, Can anyone give me any hint's or a link on how to remove the retainer's from a dual line (pressure) female fuel fitting ? I have been wondering how this is done for a long time and my curiousity is getting the best of me, I'm hoping to rebuild it totally, Thank's very much in advance for any help on this.... Bob

Two ways......
1 - With the hoses removed from the fitting, and using a proper size long punch, sawed off long allen wrench, anything that will fit into the fuel and/or air line fitting, knock out the brass fittings that contain the O Rings. Install new O Rings, then tap the brass fittings back into the housing.

There's a special tool especially made for that job but the above works just fine.

2 - Have the fitting gently held in a vice with the brass fitting facing up. Press the plunger down with something that won't break. Dig the O Ring out with a wire hook. Use WD40 on the new O Rings and press them into place.

I like option #2. I use a hard plastic pick to push down the brass valve then dig out the o-ring with another little pin with tip bent. Use a lube like Joe says and blow out any debris. The old o-ring will likely break into 2 or more pieces. Push the new o-ring in while pushing down little center brass valve with something that won't scratch it. Be sure you specify the 2 line system (pre 1960 on most models) when you pick up your o-rings. They are a tiny bit smaller than the 1 line o-rings. Don't hurt that fitting.....they are very valuable. Regards, Tim

Back